Monday 25 February 2013

Guards Guards

 


For the last three to four weeks I have been working on a vignette based on the novel Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett; in case it is not obvious or you have never read the novels. I bought a copy for my mother some years back, she is a voracious reader, and was looking for something different. In short she loved all the Sam Vimes novels, all the Granny Weatherwax novels and didn't get Rincewind so left him on the bookshelf.

As my mother hits 69 next week I decided to do something less obvious for a gift.  Let’s face it at this point in her life she has everything she needs and flowers and chocolates are a bit safe.  So I bought the figures from Maxmini, the base from coolmini, the lamp post is from Malifaux and the rat and cat are from Black Cat bases

 
It isn’t a complicated piece and I should have got through it much more quickly.  It should be better too but half way through I realised as much as I liked the idea when it came to painting my heart wasn’t in it. 

 

I hope my mum likes it but just to be safe I packed a box of Charbonnel et Walker chocolate truffles

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me!
    The chocolates are particularly well done

    ReplyDelete