Sunday 27 February 2011

2012 Already!

Soooooo, a few of us have been discussing possibly looking into other systems/games and 2012 has been loosely labelled "the year of something new".

The plan was to have a look at something different and see what else is out there beyond GW. Napoleonics and Flames of War were looking likely with Warmachine a few furlongs behind.
Obviously there was going to be no purchasing until the year actually started.

Welcome to 2012 everybody!!
I've been taking a vague interest in Flames of war and finally cracked. I now have a Soviet army on the way.
The first part has arrived - 6 Lend Lease Sherman tanks.
I'm going for a simple paint scheme.
Spray green, fat highlight, loads of Devlan mud and sponge weathering.
Here's the first, 5 more not far behind.




Better in the flesh, blah blah!

Here's looking forward to 2013 - the year of Ebaying stuff you bought for a game before reading the rules!!

Edit:
3 Soviet Sherman patrolling the bathroom sink (best light source I could find!)



3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    We can always sell up if it doesn't work out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - you shite house - wanted to do some on my panzer IV's, same old same old :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2012 to you too....

    I've decided to delay my 2012 until 2012!

    ReplyDelete