Sunday 24 October 2010

Jezzails for the frugally inclined

I know it's been a while since I raised my head above the parapet, but the guys up here don't play WHFB or 40K, so things have been a bit lax on that front, and army building has kind of dropped off as a result.  Got some nice 10/15mm skirmish forces done, though :)

But, figuring that it would be nice to do some work on a GW model or two, I found an interesting conversion on underempire.net that got my attention.  Someone had given plastic Clanrats Kroot arms to make Jezzails. Looked okay, if you can accept the long arms and bird-claw hands.

I couldn't accept that, but the left arm was a P.I.T.A.  Still not sure if it looks right...

Jezzail1_L

Jezzail1_R

3 comments:

  1. Took me a while to think why Kroot arms...until I looked Excellent work. Just building and painting for the hell of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zed. Yeah, Kinda random building and painting. Even if I can't play WHFB, it's still nice to do something related to it now and again. But it's not all bad news. We play a lot of skirmish-type games here, which means I get to actually complete an army/team to play with.

    I'll probably use these guys for Song of Blades and Heroes for now. Once I have mastered dipping, I'll probably scour ebay for Island of Blood Skaven, and put together an army for a trip to Bristol or Glasgow (one of the guys in Greenock is up for going to a doubles tournament if I ever finish an army).

    ReplyDelete
  3. post up anything you have been doing, were not fussy ;o) Lordybloke shows us his ancients every so often

    Dipping, should take you about 20 mins to master it. Lordy and I have cracked a couple of armies with it

    ReplyDelete